This page has been created to help our independent businesses and our community to find the services they need quickly and easily during this difficult time.
Last updated Monday 18th May.
Please note: The below information is accurate at time of uploading, however, as the current Coronavirus situation is changing on a daily basis, please contact the businesses direct to confirm if these services are still available.
ELDERLY & SELF-ISOLATION SUPPORT
- Otley Action for Older People is operating a telephone contact scheme for the over 60’s people in LS21. We are helping people with shopping, collecting prescriptions, and are now delivering hot meals on a Monday lunchtime and fish and chips every Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. Anyone in need of support can ring 01943463965.
- For residents who are not online, please help them by advising that they can contact either Otley Action for Older People on 01943463965, or Otley Courthouse on 01943467466 to find out which businesses are offering assistance services.
- Otley Courthouse is offering a similar service for those under the age of 60 years who are isolated, alone or under self-quarantine. Within the guidelines of social distancing the Courthouse has a team of volunteers who are willing to go shopping, visit the Post Office and do other various errands for those who are remaining at home as a result of Covid-19. If you are in need of support please call 01943 467466 (Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm).
As our supermarkets work around the clock to stay open, as well as supporting Key Workers and Elderly, Disabled and other vulnerable groups with dedicated opening hours, please see below links to the most up to date information:
- Sainsbury’s – https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/
- Asda – https://www.asda.com/
- Waitrose – https://www.waitrose.com/
HOME DELIVERY SERVICES
- O ‘Fresh are open Monday – Saturday, 9am – 5pm and we offer our delivery service Monday – Saturday, and offering free delivery service of fresh fruit and veg. For enquiries you can reach us by private message via the O’Deli Facebook, Email email@example.com or by calling us on 01943 969417 and someone will be with you to discuss our services. Please note, for us to deliver in a 24 hour time frame, all delivery orders must be sent to us before 3pm.
- Like Nana Did and O ‘Fresh are offering a joint free delivery service of dried groceries, sweet treats, household goods and fresh fruit and veg deliveries. See their new Click & Collect service https://likenanadid.square.site/. We’re encouraging customers to form shopping groups and take it in turns to collect each other’s goods in order to minimise contact and maximise the #stayathome message! Please give approximately 24 hours notice from order to delivery, depending upon demand. For enquiries call 07377644430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Only 1 customer in the shop at any one time, please remain 2m away from staff, contactless payments only (min spend £1).
- Bondgate Bakery are now set up to take orders online. This will hopefully make our service more efficient so please do make orders and pay via our website: bondgatebakery.com. We are available for socially distant collection of your orders Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat 8am to 2pm (Closed Wednesdays and Sundays). If you are vulnerable or socially isolating we are happy to deliver within Otley. We don’t have the capacity to deliver to everyone. (Orders outside Otley e.g. Ilkley, Burley, Guiseley, Bramhope are possible but will incur a delivery charge of £5 and we’ll require a minimum order.) Due to the volume of orders have been receiving (thank you!) we may not be able to deliver next day. Please bear with us.
- Weegemans Butchers are open 8am – 3pm Mon to Fri, and 8am – 4pm Sat. Whilst visit the shop as an extra precaution with social distancing we are only allowed FOUR customers in the shop at one time – card payments ONLY. They are also offering free Meat deliveries for customers who are self isolating and/or unable to make their way to the shop. Please note this a temporary service available Tuesday and Friday afternoons in the local area. Please contact the shop to place your order 01943 462327.
- Wilkinsons Butchers are offering free Meat deliveries by giving at least 48 hours notice. Deliveries are Mon – Fri between 3pm into the evening (until at least 7.30pm). Place orders via the website or phone 01943 462019. Card payments preferred. For those self isolating we can leave your order on the doorstep, ring the bell and leave. If you are visiting the shop we will be asking all our customers to PLEASE stand at least two metres apart and only TWO Customers in all of our shops at any time. This is for your own safety as well as ours.
- Wilkinsons Butchers are also offering Veg Boxes working together with Becky and Simon from the market. Available are £10 Seasonal Vegetable Box, £10 Seasonal Fruit Box, £10 Seasonal Fruit & Veg Mix Box. Order before 5pm on Tuesday for delivery Thursday. Place orders via phone 01943462019. Card payments preferred.
- Middlemiss Butchers are open and offering free Meat deliveries with a minimum order of £15 or over. This is a temporary service and available on Tuesday & Thursday afternoons. Place orders via phone 01943 462611. Payments preferred by cash or bank transfer. If you are visiting the shop we will be asking all our customers to PLEASE stand at least two metres apart and only FOUR customers into the shop at any time. This is for your own safety as well as ours.
- Olianas – Cheese deliveries to your door. Quarter, half and full wheel cheeses. Call 07717116110 for more info and to order. See website for cheese selection – https://www.olianas.co.uk/products/
- The Otley Burger Company – Home delivery available daily from 4pm. Call 07584357229 to order. Cash or card. Extra delivery drivers on. Menu available at theotleyburgercompany.com.
- The Great Wall – We will remain open for DELIVERY ONLY until we are told not to by the government or we feel that it is unsafe to do so. NHS workers can receive 30% off telephone orders for the next 30 days (until 27th April). Please notify us when ordering and provide ID upon delivery. T&Cs: Chinese Menu Only, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday Only, Orders up to £30.00, Excludes JUSTEAT order, Please notify us before ordering. To order please call 01943 461176.
- Rafferty’s Cafe – are offering a delivery service. As from Saturday 6th April we will re-open Monday & Tuesday 8:30am-1:30pm, Closed Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday. 8:30am-1:30pm, Sunday. 9am-1pm. We will be delivering our famous breakfasts & sandwiches locally around Otley. We have facilities to take card payments over the phone or contactless on arrival so that we can operate and keep staff and customers safe. For a menu or to order please all 01943 968952 or message via Facebook.
- Patisserie Viennoise – Are open limited hours for collection or home deliveries. For orders or more information on current stock please phone Trevor 07951031493.
- Westbourne Catering – are offering a home delivery and takeaway service of veg & fruit boxes, milk, eggs etc and meals. A menu can be found on our Facebook page and orders can be made via telephone 01943 467062 / 07888 660743, email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook messenger. We can deliver to you if you are in self isolation and unable to collect. Please place your order, which will then be confirmed with a costing and Bacs details to pay and a confirmation of time to collect or delivery.
- The Yew Tree – delivering a free Carvery every Sunday to the vulnerable, elderly & lonely – donations are greatly appreciated & will go to Leeds Cares, the NHS charity. Message via Facebook with name & address of the recipient.
- Chez Vin is helping you stay supplied with all your wine and spirits needs. The shop is now closed but David will be taking orders between 10am and 1pm Tuesday to Saturday, and delivering in the afternoons, leaving the goods on the doorstep and retiring to a safe distance until its taken in. To place your order on 01943 466143 or email email@example.com. I have dropped my minimum order quantity from 6 bottles to 3 bottle for deliveries within a 2 mile radius of the shop (most of Otley). For deliveries further afield I will judge each one on where and how much on an individual basis.
- The Curious Hop – Click and Collect or local delivery (if you’re isolating or unable to leave the house) via the website (www.curioushop.com ) for the foreseeable future. Our contact details for phone queries is 01943 851353. Hours for click and collect are as follows: Wed to Sat 11am – 6pm. We will then be doing the home deliveries after 6pm the home deliveries will maintain social distancing protocols. We are partnering with David from Chez Vin where there are joint deliveries. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
- Rumagin Spirits – Open 11am to 3pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday for all your gin & other spirits. Visit their Facebook page or website for more info.
- Ivy House Otley – The shop will be open on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 10am – 2pm. On any day outside of these hours you can order by phone, email or social, we offer a free delivery service. Order or enquire through our Facebook page, Instagram, email email@example.com or phone 01943 465544. The delivery is open to all – those who are self-isolating or feeling vulnerable, or cannot shop during normal business hours. We have essential food products, cooking ingredients and products that support a range of allergies, health supplements and vitamins, personal products for people with skin allergies and household products.
- Chevin Health Store – are open and offering free deliveries on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 10am – 2pm. Please contact 01943 850323 to place orders or check availability.
- Petwise are offering a collection or free local delivery service on all pet supplies, poultry and wild bird feeds. Please give the shop a call on their new Order line number 01943 850069. You can ring & reserve anything, pay on the phone then collect from the back of our shop or request a delivery.
- Direct Tyre Services & MOT Centre / Autocare are extending our free collection and delivery service. We are following all government guidelines, visual communication on request & over phone payments available. Call 01943 467282 for more information.
- Kwik Fit – Are currently open, please call for information on bookings 01943 850353.
- Colman Tyres are open for MOT’s, servicing and tyres between 8.30am – 3pm (or later if busy). To book or check availability please call 01943 466626.
- Edward Johnson (Otley) Ltd – Our workshop is open Monday to Friday 8am – 5:30pm for Service, Repair, MOT, Diagnostics and Body Repairs. We are following government guidelines and have strict sanitisation & protection procedures in place on site to protect both our staff and customers. We will prioritise any key workers vehicles and utilise our courtesy cars where necessary to keep them on the road. For households that are self-isolating we are still offering our usual collection and delivery service within the Otley area. Phone Payment and Bank Transfer available and Visual Contact by request. Please contact us on 01943 463007 (Out of hours 07768 213935 for key workers) to discuss any issues you may have, and we will do our upmost to help keep you safe and on the road.
- Tate Oil – are working at 200% to get your oil delivered while maintaining the safety of our staff. We have brought back in key members of the team to help with the additional demand in the office and to drive the spare vehicles we keep on standby for emergency situations. We are getting to you as fast as we can and we are catching up. If you have run out or are worried please call us on 01943 467444 and talk to a member of the team. If you have any questions please give us a call or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hair & Beauty
- Butterfly Rose – Delivering hair products free to local areas (Matrix and Aveda products only – limited stock available). Orders can be placed through their Facebook page or by email Butterflyrosehairsalon@outlook.com.
- Il Vicoletto are providing a take-away service for collection only. Available: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri & Sat from17:00. Please see our Facebook page, our Twitter feed or our Google website for Menu details. Alternatively, you can request a take-away menu and order via email email@example.com or call 01943 968 030.
- Red Pepper – Through out this difficult time we are offering all ON-DUTY Emergency Service staff a 25% discount on take-away orders. All you need to do is show your Service ID when picking up your takeaway or accepting delivery. This includes NHS, Police, Army, Fire and Rescue Emergency Services. It’s at times like these when you can’t help but be extremely grateful to everyone working in these industries. Providing them with a 25% discount is just our small way to show our appreciation. Call to place your order 01943 461133. Menu can be viewed here.
A Teal & Son Bakery – open as normal for take-away services of bread & confectionary. Orders can be placed by calling 01943 462662. Small orders can usually be collected the same day, but please give 24 hours notice for larger orders.
- The Buon Apps Shop – The Buon Apps Online Shop is open for business! Click – Pay – Collect! Order online and collect from Buon Apps – Ready-Meals, Stonebaked Pinsa, Kitchen Cupboard essentials, Beers, Cider, Wine, Soft Drinks. Go on, take a look: https://www.buonappsotley.com
- Little Corner of the World are open Mon-Fri 10:00-16:00 for collection or delivery only. We are offering a selection of jacket potatoes, sandwiches, toasted sandwiches & sweet treats as well as our range of hot drinks and afternoon teas. Please see our takeaway menu on our Facebook page, alternatively if you are passing please pick one up. Please note, due to operating on a takeaway basis, our menu is limited. Please ring or WhatsApp orders through to 07377 993 692.
- The Mill Bar & Bistro – We’re offering takeaways from Thursday 9th April you will be able to dine out, in your home…..we’ll even deliver if you live within a 3 mile radius! You can view the menu on our website or Facebook page and to order telephone 01943 666822.
- A Casa Di Alessia – We are pleased to let you know that the shop will be reopening with a new takeaway menu which is available on our Facebook page, only for collection. Opening times: Thursday to Saturday from 4pm to 8pm. Please contact us on 07547167991.
- Milk Bar Cafe & Bistro – We’re open 8.30-2pm on Fri, Sat, Sun for preorder and collection. The menu can be found on their Facebook and Instagram platforms. Preorder by WhatsApp 07713033935. Payment on collection, cashless preferred. Cashless payment preferred & social distancing measures will be in place.
- Weekly Markets – Food stalls only on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday each week from 8.30am to 3.30pm daily.
- Monthly Farmer’s Market – cancelled until further notice.
- Otley Pharmacy – 14A Market Place. Telephone 01943 968101
- Cohens Chemist – 1 Bridge Street. Telephone 01943 463070
- Lloyds Pharmacy – 35 Kirkgate. Telephone 01943 462014
- The Dales Veterinary Centre – It is with regret that we will be stopping ALL ROUTINE APPOINTMENTS until further notice. We will be maintaining an emergency service during the day at the surgery in Otley but would ask you to telephone in advance of your visit to ensure the correct staff are present – normal out of hours emergency cover will continue. Telephone consultations will be available and we are looking into the possibility of video consultations when appropriate. We are committed to providing a continued service to ensure the welfare of your pets and prevent any suffering. For enquiries please 01943 463447 or visit their website http://vets4pets.co.uk/
- Cross Green Vets – Open surgeries are currently suspended and all consultations are by appointment only. Emergencies will be seen immediately, but please phone in advance. Medication can be collected by prior arrangement and deliveries could be arranged as necessary. For more information please visit their website http://www.crossgreen-otleyvets.co.uk/. To make an appointment, discuss or arrange anything, please telephone 01943 462546, 01943 464637 or 07311 631924, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fusion Taxis – We are still running a very limited service of 2 drivers who can only carry out essential travel only for key workers, doctors, hospital, supermarket NOT house to house journeys. The office is closed to the public but you can call or book online at http://www.tinyurl.com/fusion-taxi (online bookings are subject to change). Operating times 7am til 4pm earlier bookings can be arranged.
Children & Adults
- The Woolpack Music & Art Studios open for band rehearsals and we’re offering online sing/play-a-long music sessions for entertainment and general lifting of spirits… all information on our homepage www.woolpackstudios.co.uk (we have also complied a list of regulars here who have offered support to anyone in our community who may need help over the coming weeks) – people can email email@example.com.
Toyland Otley are closed, but if you need to buy anything (Jigsaws, board games, Lego, craft kits) we can take payment via bank transfer. When you are out for your essential food shopping, we can get the items ready for you then offer a zero contact collection time. Please email or phone us directly to check the stock and price of any item in store : firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXERCISE & WELLNESS
- Club Energy – are streaming live fitness sessions online. All you need to do is download Zoom from the App or Play store. Select Join Meeting and input the meeting code 350-003-1224. Switch off your camera and microphone – It’s as easy as that. To view sessions or if you’re unsure of anything feel free to send us a Facebook message.
- Pilates In Motion – are running live pilates sessions online. To view sessions or for enquiries contact Gaynor on her Facebook page.
- Soma Wellness – you can access your usual Yoga classes ONLINE from Monday 23rd March! We will have interactive kids classes, morning flows, fitness jams, pre and postnatal and restorative loveliness. Something for everyone. We feel that keeping up with our practice and routine is vital at this time, and we will try to keep things as normal as possible during this bizarre period. Wellness is paramount, now more than ever, and taking time to ground and re-centre can give us ACTUAL SUPER POWERS. More or less. Online classes are pay as you feel. For more info email email@example.com.
- Peak Physiotherapy – are providing remote consultations and treatment/advice sessions via video link. We will be putting a lot of useful content online (Facebook) for clients to access. For more info contact 0113 287 0926 or email Sarah Joice – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chevin Cycles – Otley Store / Workshop and Mail Order are all OPEN. Our Otley store and Workshop remains OPEN with our safety control measures in place. Our team are on hand to help with any support or sales related enquiries 7 days a week. You can reach us on 01943 462 773 or email email@example.com.
- Courtyard Planters are offering free local delivery on plants, pots, seeds, compost, houseplants. Weekly availability lists will be posted on their website and Facebook page. Just call 01943 462390 or email us with orders.
- Althams Travel – Are working from home and available to assist you by either phone, e-mail and Facebook between the hours of 10am – 4.30pm. Please call 01943 466316, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or for EMERGENCIES you may also try our Freephone number 0800 917 9997.
- Arundel Travel – Are working from home and available for enquiries. Our phones have been redirected and we have everything we need to make sure you still receive the great service you are used to. Opening hours remain the same and again if we don’t answer the phone please leave a message and we’ll get back to you. Please call 01943 462209, email email@example.com and Facebook page.
- Sentient UK – As a way of assisting local Otley Businesses we are happy to answer a few phone queries from fellow members about Covid-19 related employment problems. We would not expect to charge for this on the basis of reasonable use. Call 03456 446006.
- Sowdens Plumbers – we are open for essential repairs 9am – 12 noon Monday – Thursday, emergency text line for outside of those hours. Call 01943 466792 or message on Facebook.
- Landguard Pest Control – We are open. Pest management has been confirmed as an essential sector during the Covid-19 pandemic. If you have a pest issue during the lockdown period please don’t hesitate to call 24/7 – 07970902194. We can help with Rats, Mice, Wasps, Squirrels, Moles, Crawling and Flying Insects, Commercial Pest Management, Decontamination, Disinfection, Pest Proofing and Weed Control. For more information visit www.landguardpestcontrol.co.uk
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Otley Farmer’s Market
- Otley Community Hub and Library
Photo credit: Visit Otley